Real-Time Tracking of Business-Critical Assets
Many companies today face the challenges of asset and inventory management using cumbersome manual data collection and entry processes or legacy technology. Without real-time visibility within key business processes, companies face the challenge of not having the right asset, at the right time, in the right place. Or even worse yet, losing high-value or business-critical assets.
Peak Technologies provides RFID technology solutions (radio frequency identification) that eliminate manual data entry and process bottlenecks. By providing real-time inventory visibility, our RFID software improves the automated scanning of assets and overall supply chain management.
Peak-Ryzex’s in-depth knowledge of best practices in the areas of distribution centers, warehouse management, manufacturing, and inventory tracking have assisted our customers in determining system justification and attaining the associated return on investment for RFID projects.
Peak-Ryzex’s Custom RFID Solutions
Peak Technologies provides a single source to ensure that all RFID components (hardware, software, process review and redesign, training, documentation, onsite support) are well-integrated into the entire inventory system.
As an unbiased RFID consultant working as an extension of your team, our experts observe and point out concepts and approaches that need to be discussed to ensure the success of the project. We place a large emphasis on the design of the system for optimal inventory control.
What does working with the RFID specialists at Peak Technologies look like? Here is an overview of our process. Contact us to find out how we can customize our RFID solutions to meet your business needs.
Consulting Services / Site Analysis / Statement of Work (SOW)
- Consult with the customer to understand the business requirements and determine the right technology solution
- Finalise the detailed scope of the project, including all operational requirements as well as the hardware, software and services to implement that vision
- Meetings with project stakeholders and operations managers to define targeted goals and expectations
- Read performance testing within the customer’s environment using best practices
- Provide recommendations on tag selection to optimise read performance and solution success
- Written report detailing:
- Feasibility, recommended process, read point locations, and tags
- Bill of materials (BOM) recommendations and RFID pilot design and estimates
Proof of Concept (POC) / Pilot
- Usually targets one facility or plant with a pre-defined number of read points
- Set up a customer-owned subset of the solution in a controlled scenario in the customer’s environment
- Utilize the results to determine if adjustments need to be made
- Functional analysis of the customer’s site and understanding of project objectivesEnsure the intended use case and business process is feasible and can be handled properly from the targeted RFID system design
- Determine optimum locations for RFID readers (dock door, conveyor, drive-through portal, shrink wrap, etc.)
- Verify assets to be tagged with RFID labels (items, cases, pallets, etc.)
- Technical analysis of the customer’s site and/or result of RFID POC
- Bill of materials (BOM) and scope of work for all hardware, software, passive or active RFID tags, and services that are required
- Determine the following:
- Number of readers, handheld readers, antennas, antenna cable lengths, and the proposed locations
- Required mounting hardware configurations for all equipment
- AC Power availability, factoring in future requirements
- Host connectivity availability/requirements
- Develop interfaces between the hardware and software
- Customise RFID software according to the specifications of the SOW
- Master data load
- Number range management
- Label printing and encoding
- Fixed portal read performance, configuration adjustments
- Software functionality
- Install and configure the RFID solution in the customer’s environment (i.e. hardware, software)
- Test system against the design to confirm results and that all software components are installed properly
- Work with the customer to confirm that their application is communicating to the RFID reader via the Ethernet or serial connection
Go Live Services / Post Installation Support / Training Services
- Conduct full training for system administrators and for client’s internal “user trainers”. We focus on a “train the trainer” approach so that knowledge of the system is transferred to the client’s employees
- Provide specific training documentation and help as needed